Word from the Chairperson of Sauvignon Blanc South Africa
Dear Sauvignon Blanc SA producers
INVITATION TO JOIN THE SA AMBASSADOR FOR A GLOBAL FAVOURITE
The recently revamped SAUVIGNON BLANC SOUTH AFRICA herewith extends a friendly invitation to all producers of South African Sauvignon Blanc to join our Association. (PLEASE COMPLETE THE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM BELOW). A warm welcome to everyone who rejoined recently, please ensure we have all your correct contact details so that you and your team don’t miss out!
Originally established to foster excellence and promote the cultivar, Sauvignon Blanc SA promotes the quality of South African Sauvignon Blanc locally and internationally in order to create opportunities for our members and South African Sauvignon Blanc. We are still the same progressive Association but with a brand-new image and a re-energized passion for all things Sauvignon Blanc. Recent changes include appointing a new marketing and support agency, redesigning our website and engaging the services of a well-known specialist to expand our knowledge offering. Planning around Sauvignon Blanc Day 2020 and Concours Mondial du Sauvignon 2021 has already begun and we are very excited about these prospects.
The Association is managed by the Sauvignon Blanc SA committee in partnership with Agri-Expo, who takes care of day-to-day operations. The management committee includes top-level representatives from the wine industry.
Members of Sauvignon Blanc SA can access the benefits of pooled expert knowledge. Members’ networking and information exchange include technical seminars and workshops, selection and training of specialist tasting panels for wine competitions, and early-warning marketing opportunities and events.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Member-discounted entries for the FNB Top 10 Sauvignon Blanc Competition.
- Member-discounted attendance fee for Sauvignon Blanc SA’s Technical Information Day.
- The opportunity to be featured on the official Sauvignon Blanc SA social media platforms on Twitter @SauvignonSA and on Facebook and Instagram @sauvignonblancsa.
- The opportunity to collaborate in Sauvignon Blanc SA’s annual International #SauvBlancDay (the 1st Friday in May) campaign.
- The opportunity to work in partnership with Sauvignon Blanc SA to bring the prestigious Concours Mondial du Sauvignon competition to South Africa in the future.
- Exclusive attendance of annual FNB Top 10 Sauvignon Blanc Roadshows.
- Access to the specialist insights of Dr Carien Coetzee from Basic Wine, who has been contracted to write a series of exclusive technical reports for a regular blog on the official website www.sauvignonblanc.com. Any questions or blogging requests are encouraged! You can contact Carien directly here.
- Subscription to a regular Sauvignon Blanc SA e-newsletter keeping members updated about useful information on our website such as news and research articles, important dates, and notifications about electronic competition submissions.
- The opportunity to attend the Annual General Meeting and to be nominated to serve on the Management Committee.
We hope you are as excited as we are about the future of Sauvignon Blanc SA!
The annual membership fee is R750 per producer.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM BELOW in order for us to update our membership database with your correct details (e.g. VAT numbers and contact persons) and to issue you with an invoice.
For more information, email us or call 021 975 4440.
We encourage you to join the conversation about #sauvignonblancsa and tag Sauvignon Blanc SA on Twitter @SauvignonSA and on Facebook and Instagram as @sauvignonblancsa.
Sauvignon Blanc South Africa