The 2021 Sauvignon Blanc SA Top 10, a unique line-up of international wines, as well as canned wines and more, will feature at this year’s Sauvignon Blanc SA Technical Seminar at Allée Bleue, Franschhoek on Wednesday 17 November 2021.
Distinguished experts from South Africa and abroad will discuss subjects ranging from the latest in research to local as well as international industry insights. Attendees will also take home a newly-launched book on canned wines as well as some premium canned Sauvignon Blanc to sample.
This annual seminar, presented in partnership with platinum partners EVER Solutions and FNB, is renowned as a “must-attend” technical event, empowering the industry with the know-how to enhance its competitiveness in a rapidly growing market segment.
The programme includes:
- RJ Botha, Chairperson of Sauvignon Blanc SA, will give feedback on the association’s activities.
- Bennie Avenant, Technical Sales Consultant of EVER Solutions, representing the Italian-based company EVER in South Africa, will give an overview of their solutions for wine production.
- Rico Basson, Managing Director of Vinpro, will discuss the South African wine industry WISE strategy towards 2025, as we collectively rebuild, in his presentation: “SA wine – bouncing forward”.
- A new book, “The winemaker’s guide to wine in a can”, published by Winetech, will be launched by Dr Carien Coetzee of Basic Wine. A digital version will be available at no cost from winetech.co.za and each attendee will receive a printed copy sponsored by Enartis.
- Enartis Nutriferm X is a hot topic; therefore Lida Malandra, General Manager of Enartis SA, will share information about this revolutionary product in a Q&A session.
- Quentin Havaux, Project Manager of the Concours Mondial du Sauvignon in Brussels, Belgium, will give a presentation about this prestigious international competition as well as a wine tasting of highly acclaimed Concours Mondial du Sauvignon wines from various parts of the world.
- Dr Carien Coetzee, a member of the Sauvignon Blanc SA management committee, will discuss this year’s Sauvignon Blanc SA Top 10 winners. There will also be an informal tasting of the Top 10 winning wines.
Pre-registration at www.sauvignonblanc.com/technical is compulsory (by Friday 12 November 2021). The registration fee is R850.00 for members and R1 000.00 for non-members (tea/coffee and lunch included). A Sauvignon Blanc SA Technical Booklet will also be available online afterwards.
For more information or to become a member, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 975 4440. Join the online conversation about #SauvignonBlancSA and follow Sauvignon Blanc SA on Twitter @SauvignonSA and on Facebook and Instagram as @sauvignonblancsa.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY 12 NOVEMBER 2021